While chocolate chip cookies are delicious on their own, adding Smarties to the recipe will give them an extra layer of scrumptiousness and eye-catching colours, lifting them to another level!
Our recipe is pretty straightforward, and the cookies only take around 10-12 minutes to bake. It's an ideal recipe for kids to try, if they can resist eating all the Smarties beforehand, that is!
This picture is only a guide to what your cookies can look like. You can, of course, add your own personal touch and make them any shape or size you want.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Nestle Smarties (or more if desired)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans)
Instructions (10 simple steps):
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the Nestle Smarties, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts if using. The Smarties will add a burst of colour to your cookies.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centres may appear slightly undercooked, but they will continue to set as the cookies cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy your delicious Smarties Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Feel free to get creative with the recipe by adding other mix-ins like shredded coconut, oats, or different types of nuts.
You may also like to replace the milk chocolate chips with these Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, which will give them a more sophisticated, adult taste.
Orange Smarties Cookies
You can easily create orange chocolate chip biscuits by using just orange Smarties and adding some orange zest.
Whichever version you choose, these delicious cookies are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike!